Creating opportunity through Education
The Gallant Government has focused on education, making major investments in our schools, hiring 100 new teachers, and bringing the trades back.
Your government’s multi-year economic growth plan includes major investments in education and post-secondary education. These investments help develop a strong workforce, which, in turn, helps strengthen our economy.
- We’re investing more in education than ever before, including:
- Creating 10-year education plans so that young people have the strongest education system possible.
- Investing more than $292 million to upgrade current schools and build new ones since October 2014.
- Entering into a $71 million three-year bilateral early learning and childcare agreement with the federal government.
- Created the Free Tuition Program and the Tuition Relief for the Middle Class program, to provide upfront assistance to New Brunswick students and make post-secondary education more accessible and affordable.
- Developed the Youth Employment Fund to give youth more opportunity to stay in New Brunswick and the chance to get hands-on work experience.
- Teaching trades in schools to better prepare young people for future opportunities and investing to upgrade and build trade spaces in schools.
- Returned Grade 1 French immersion to 68 schools across the province beginning in September 2017.