The New Brunswick Liberal Association (NBLA) believes all citizens are entitled to an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives, including the opportunity to participate in creation of policies and legislation. The New Brunswick Liberal Association proudly acts as a vehicle through which members and citizens can voice their ideas and shape public policy in New Brunswick regardless of their race, creed, social standing, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic person for the role of Executive Director (ED). That person will provide strategic and operational leadership necessary to support core Liberal values which we are confident will lead to electoral success.
The ideal candidate will be excited to take on the challenge of rejuvenating the NBLA into a stronger political contender in all corners of New Brunswick. The ED will build a skilled and dedicated team and be accountable to the Board of volunteers. The ED will work closely with the Board, the Leader, and other stakeholders to formulate NBLA’s goals and annual plans and will direct all NBLA operations to achieve those goals.
- Growing the party membership by supporting regional volunteers in the identification and recruitment of volunteers and candidates for future elections.
- Developing, implementing, and reporting on annual and multi-year plans based on the NBLA’s goals and priorities
- Organizing, supervising, and leading all operations of NBLA including:
– Communications and media relations in both official languages
– Developing annual plans to meet Party budget goals including fundraising
– Developing annual plans to grow and engage membership
– Information technology and data management
– Providing Governance support
– Election campaign planning
– Human Resource Management
– Oversight of administration, finances, and accounting
- Developing and implementing operational policies and procedures that are consistent with governing legislation including the Elections Act and the Political Process Financing Act
- Ensuring adequate support and service to local organizations, candidates, members and volunteers
- Ensuring all NBLA activities are consistent with Liberal values and the principles of the New Brunswick Liberal Party
- Fully bilingual, oral and written
- A strong knowledge of provincial politics
- Experience leading and managing multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior digital technology abilities
- Proven ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Experience with policy governance models and working with governance boards
- Experience in financial management and budget planning
- Proven project management and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel throughout the province
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Experience developing communications and fundraising strategies
- Experience with political campaigns (this may include campaigns led by non-profit, public, or private sector entities)
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of compliance requirements related to governing legislation including the Elections Act and the Political Process Financing Act
- Experience with NBLA
- Demonstrated commitment to core Liberal values
This position is based in Fredericton.
Candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume and cover letter describing why they believe they would be an ideal fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until April 9, 2021.
Candidates who meet the criteria above, will be asked to provide practical examples of their abilities on-site at NBLA.
NBLA is an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and a stimulating, professional work environment.
New Brunswick Liberal Association