Hundreds of Liberals from around the province gathered today in Miramichi to hear Mr. Kevin Vickers’ first major speech as Leader of the New Brunswick Liberal Party.
“I am so honoured to stand here today as Leader of this political movement,” said Kevin Vickers. “Accepting this responsibility comes with a promise to work tirelessly for each and every citizen of our beloved province.”
Vickers spoke at length about his vision for the Province, including the importance of bringing citizens together to solve some of New Brunswick’s greatest challenges.
“Ladies and gentlemen, bringing people together to find solutions to our common challenges has to be the priority. That is my commitment to the citizens of this province,” continued Vickers.
In addition, Vickers outlined his five-point priority plan for New Brunswick:
- Growing both New Brunswick’s economy and its population;
- Ensuring New Brunswick’s finances are well managed;
- Improving health care and increasing the number of medical professionals in New Brunswick;
- Transforming education, training and upskilling; and,
- Ensuring that environmental protections and a growing economy go hand-in-hand.
Vickers was acclaimed as Leader earlier this spring. His priority as Leader will be to revive the grassroots of the Liberal Party.
“Travelling throughout this province over the past few months has been an experience of a lifetime,” said Vickers. “Engaging with and learning from grassroots party members will be a cornerstone of the Liberal Party from now on, something I very much look forward to.”