The New Brunswick Liberal Association is seeking a new Comptroller. Whether you’re new to politics or not, this fast-paced and exciting role is responsible for overseeing the financial operation of our party. From strategic budgeting, financial accounting, membership engagement and much more—this position touches a little bit of everything within the workings of a political party. If you’re an experienced problem-solver and looking for a new adventure, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience with financial accounting software such as Sage 50 and or Quickbooks;
- Experience or knowledge of accounting tasks and procedures, including: handling accounts payable and receivables, maintaining payroll, and recording data in a computerized accounting system and performing tasks such as preparing monthly reports and budget documents;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel; as well as experience with cloud-based office solutions like Google Drive and Google Sheets;
- Strong communications, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills;
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting or business administration.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation;
- Experience with financial returns and other reporting requirements;
- Experience with general ledger functions as well as the month-end and year-end close processes;
- Experience with fundraising and donation processing and receipting;
- An interest in provincial politics;
- Familiarity with the Province of New Brunswick’s Political Financing Act;
- Proficiency in English and French;
Salary: Remuneration will be based on educational background and work experience.
Location: Fredericton, NB